Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Knuckle Puck x Copacetic

       

       I don’t think I was the only who one was nervous when Knuckle Puck stated they had signed to Rise Records in late 2014. Known for puppeteering talent and molding artists into marketable minions, I figured the next release from the Suburban-Chicago based group would sound like a cookie cutter example of modern pop punk, not stoked to say the least.

       However, snagging an early copy of their upcoming release Copacetic (which drops July 31st,) I must say that I couldn’t be more wrong. The album still carries with it the same recognizable sound heard on earlier releases such as While I Stay Secluded and Don’t Come Home, but manages to show growth from the band both lyrically and musically. Solidly mixing emotional melodies with in your face riffs, Copacetic will have you transition between tears and disgust weather you’re driving your car or sitting in your bedroom.

       As it goes, 2015 is looking like one of the best years for punk music since 2011, when we were hit in the face with Under Soil & Dirt, Shed, and Suburbia I’ve Given You All and Now I’m Nothing all in the same year. With tight releases from the likes of Turnover, Title Fight, The Story So Far, and soon State Champs, market competition is at an all-time high. I firmly believe with this release, as well as the exposure the band is receiving from their time on the Vans Warped Tour, that Knuckle Puck has firmly established themselves as a prominent player in the genre. If you aren’t on this wave already, make sure you pick up Copacetic when it drops this weekend and spin it til’ it breaks.

Tightest Tracks
Wall to Wall (Depreciation)
Disdain
Pretense

No comments:

Post a Comment